Leave a gift in your Will
If you are thinking about leaving a gift in your Will to The Royal Parks charity, thank you.
Pass down your park
From first steps and family days out, to summer afternoons with friends and daily walks with loved ones, we make some of our most precious memories in the Royal Parks. By leaving a gift in your Will to The Royal Parks charity, you can pass down your favourite park – and all the parks in our care – to the people you love and every park lover. Your gift will protect the wildlife, plants and heritage that call the parks home and ensure that life flourishes in these beautiful green spaces for generations to come.
Make or update your Will for free
We’ve partnered with legal experts Bequeathed to offer you the opportunity to make a simple Will for free. Anyone who lives in the UK can use this service and it’s up to you whether you leave a gift to The Royal Parks charity in your Will.
It takes just three simple steps and less than an hour to make your free Will – as quick and easy as a walk in your favourite Royal Park:
1. Take Bequeathed’s Will questionnaire online in just 20 minutes.
The questionnaire will guide you through each of the points you need to consider when making a Will and allow you to choose the contents of your Will.
2. Receive free legal advice on your Will.
Bequeathed will analyse the answers from your online questionnaire. Depending on your needs, you will be able to finalise the contents of your Will online or book a free video appointment with a legal advisor. Either way, the contents of your Will will be checked by a legal professional, who will act solely on your instructions and draft your Will for you.
3. Receive your free Will in the post, sign it and have it witnessed.
You’ll receive a copy of your Will with clear guidance on how to sign and have it witnessed.
If you and your partner would like your Wills to mirror each other, you can complete the questionnaire together and make a joint legal appointment.
We would always recommend seeking independent legal advice when making your Will.
How a gift in your Will could help your park
As a charity, the gifts in Wills we receive from kind supporters like you are vital to protecting the parks and safeguarding their future. Every gift is valuable and however much you are able to leave, a gift in your Will could help us to:
- Develop our thriving community programmes, which engage people of all ages with the parks and help them to connect with the natural world
- Care for the millions of plants and 170,000 trees that grow in the parks
- Protect the 5,000 species of wildlife that calls the parks home
- Conserve and share each park’s unique heritage
- Meet the growing demands of maintaining and caring for the parks in a changing climate
Many people choose to leave a gift towards our general charitable purposes in their Will. This is very helpful because it allows us to put your gift towards whichever areas of our work most need support at the time we receive your gift. However, we also welcome gifts towards specific parks. If you would like your gift to contribute towards your favourite park, you can ask for this to be stated in your Will.
Writing your Will through a solicitor
If you’re planning to make or update your Will through a solicitor, it’s incredibly straightforward to leave a gift to The Royal Parks charity. You just need to share our registered name, address and charity number with your solicitor and let them know what you would like to leave:
Name: The Royal Parks [Limited]
Address: The Old Police House, Hyde Park, London, W2 2UH
Charity number: 1172042
People usually choose to leave a specific sum of money or a percentage of the value of their assets (e.g. 2%) after any taxes, estate costs or other gifts have been paid.
We understand that deciding to remember a charity in your Will is an important decision. That’s why we make these promises to you:
- We will always treat you with respect and never put any pressure on you to leave a gift in your Will.
- We understand that providing for your loved ones will always come first when planning your Will.
- We know that leaving a gift is a personal decision and will respect your privacy. If you let us know about your gift, we will keep your decision confidential.
- We will value every gift. Whatever you can leave, it will make an incredible difference to protecting your parks.
- We will use your gift carefully and efficiently, so that it has the greatest possible impact.
- We understand that life can be unpredictable and you may need to change your mind about leaving a gift. You can do so at any time.
- We will always treat your loved ones with compassion and make it as easy as possible for your executors to pass on your gift.
- We will always be here to help and answer any questions.
Gifts in Wills have a huge impact on the parks and everyone who uses them. We are very grateful that you are considering including The Royal Parks in your plans.
If you have remembered The Royal Parks in your Will, are planning to leave a gift or would like to find out more about how a gift in your Will could help the parks flourish, we would be delighted to hear from you. Knowing your intentions can help us to plan for the future, but also gives us the opportunity to update you about developments across the parks, invite you to special events and, most importantly, thank you for your generosity.
Get in touch
You can find out more about leaving a gift in your Will or let us know about your gift by contacting Jonathan Taylor at firstname.lastname@example.org or on 0300 061 2269. Any information you share with us will be treated confidentially and with respect. You can change your mind about leaving a gift in your Will at any time.