Hidden Stories of Kensington Gardens Walking Tour
Discover the beautiful Kensington Gardens...
23 February, 11:00am - 12:30pm
A green oasis located in the heart of the city, discover the rich history of Kensington Gardens on our walking tour.
- Discover hidden stories behind its famous statues, including the beloved Peter Pan, and a statue thrown out of Trafalgar Square.
- Go behind the railings of the Albert Memorial and get a close-up view of the stunning Frieze of Parnassus.
- Learn about how it was gradually separated from Hyde Park by a succession of royals who created its distinctive mix of stately avenues, formal planting, wild meadows and long views.
- Last but not least, relax and enjoy this green refuge in the busy city and hear how The Royal Parks look after its ecological balance.
- Designed for adult attendees, over 18 years of age.
- The tour will take place from 11am - 12:30pm.
- Please note that due to the steep steps up to the Albert Memorial, the last part of the walk is not accessible for people in wheelchairs, with reduced mobility, or with push buggies.
- Please note you are unable to bring dogs behind the railings of the Albert Memorial due to the special character of the monument.
- We offer free spaces for those in need. For more information on eligibility and how to book please call 0300 061 2255 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.